- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfilment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser settings to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
We take your privacy very seriously and comply with the recent UK and EU law on handling cookies and provide (you) the user with means to remove such cookies or prevent your computer from accepting them in the future.
Below is a list of cookies we use on this website:
Google Analytics - NON ESSENTIAL COOKIE
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site.
- _utma (Expiry: 2 years)
- _utmb (Expiry: 30 mins)
- _utmc (Expiry: session)
_utmz (Expiry: 6 months)
OpenCart eCommerce - ESSENTIAL COOKIE
We use a third party solution to handle our shopping cart, these are seen as essential cookies but we have listed them here for your convenience.
- language (Expiry: 1 month)
- currency (Expiry: 1 month)
- display (Expiry: session)
PHPSESSID (Expiry: session)
Cookie Control - ESSENTIAL COOKIE
We store this cookie if you click to say you accept cookies, this then removes the cookie notifications from the entire website.
- cc_cookie_accept (Expiry: 1 year)
Browser specific instructions to block and remove cookies
- Internet Explorer - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/196955
- Firefox - http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/Cookies
- Google Chrome - http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=95647
- Opera - http://www.opera.com/browser/tutorials/security/privacy/
- Safari - Delete cookies
- Safari iOS - http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1677
- Blackberry - Turn off cookies in the browser
- Windows Phone - Changing privacy and other browser settings